Cached at 2016-12-03 11:11:55. Rebuild the page.
Citizens' Oversight Projects (COPs)
This web site is dedicated to enabling citizens to provide needed oversight to our democracy.
Engage officials in public meetings
Record public meetings
Hold feet to the fire
Sixth grader speaks to School Board.
Rallies and Protests
We must, as citizens, provide oversight of our local governmental bodies. They can't be trusted to oversee themselves. You can help! Read how here: COPs Program
Find out about COPS: Click here for a printable copy of our brochure (PDF FILE).
HOT HOT HOT
Citizens' Oversight is expanding our election oversight scope to the entire US! However, we will be focused primarily on the TOP 175 counties in the nation, comprising more than 50% of registered voters, and then secondly turning our attention to the TOP 20% of the the top 20% of the states (i.e. the top ten states).
CPUC and San Onofre
Federal Lawsuit Filed
With the help of the law firm of Aguirre & Severson LLP
, Citizens Oversight has filed a federal lawsuit on the UNCONSTITUTIONAL "taking" of ratepayer funds without delivering power.
- COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF - San Onofre -- Aguirre Severson LLP, Citizens Oversight, 2014-11-13
- Citizens Oversight's Federal Case Against Edison, CPUC Ignited by Warsaw Meetings & Felony Searches -- Aguirre Severson LLP, Citizens Oversight, 2015-02-25 2/25/2015 Filings -- Southern California Edison
- Peevey Network -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2015-02-22
- Peevey Toasters Face Public Scrutiny -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2015-02-11 Related to: Peevey Party Protest
- RSG Notes on Hotel Bristol Stationery -- Michael Peevey, Stephen Pickett, Citizens Oversight, 2013-03-26 Received on 2015-04-10
We have obtained more than 7,200 pages of emails and other correspondence as a result of the CPRA (California Public Records Act
) request by the City of San Bruno regarding the PG&E Gas Line Explosion in San Bruno
in 2010, which killed 8, injured scores, and demolished city blocks in San Bruno. These emails show a pattern of close coordination between the CPUC -- the California Public Utilities Commission
-- and the utilities they are supposed to regulate, including PG&E. We are still digesting these but an initial reading shows a pattern of collusion to manipulate stock prices, coordinate press releases, shop for judges and rig the proceedings to benefit the utilities. We believe this culture of corruption goes beyond isolated incidents and is a systemic in extent.
COPs acts as umbrella organization for Coalition to Decommission San Onofre
as a party to the investigation by the California Public Utilities Commission, which is still an ongoing concern despite the recent announcement of a shutdown at San Onofre!
- WE WIN! Southern California Edison has announced a permanent shutdown at San Onofre! Read more: Shut San Onofre
- Stop The Unfair Settlement-- Please help us stop the unfair San Onofre settlement. See this page for ideas on how you can help!
- Community Engagement Panel (CEP) -- CDSO pushed for this group to be set up and they set it up!
- Just completed this meeting: May 22, 6-9pm at The Hills Hotel, 25205 La Paz Rd, Laguna Hills
- Will be a workshop sometime in June, and then another big meeting in August. These will be processing the PSDAR (Post Shutdown Activities Report) and the DCE (Detailed Cost Estimate).
- Water Fluoridation -- We need help to get the word out that water fluoridation does not help improve dental health, and puts our children (and us!) at risk.
- Want a free copy of the DVD Fluoridegate? Please contact us and we will send you a copy!
More from Citizens' Oversight
- CA_SantaClara Manual Tally Nov 2016 -- Lise Rehbock, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-23
- Tour of Socal Manual Tally Operations -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-22
- CA_SanBernardino Manual Tally November 2016 -- Anna Mc Naughton, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-21
- CA_Alameda County Random Draw, Nov 2016 -- Lise Rehbock, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-18 CA_Alameda
- FL_PalmBeach Manual Audit -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-18
- Roque de la Fuente vote loss analysis -- Roque De La Fuente, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-16
- CA_San Diego Nov 2016 Manual Tally -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-15
- CA_Sacramento Nov 2016 Manual Tally -- , Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-15
- Election Team Conference Call of 2016-11-13 from Sarasota FL -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-13
- CA_Riverside Nov 2016 Manual Tally -- Anna Mc Naughton, Citizens Oversight, 2016-11-10 CA_Riverside
| All Submitted Media
We will be producing email updates and also archive them here: Cops Updates
[[ElectionIntegrity][<img align="right" alt="ElectionIntegrity" src=" -->
- Election Audit Lawsuit - Background This lawsuit is regarding the 1% manual audit which is mandated by California Election code section 15360. That code specifies that all ballots cast including ...
- Gmo Open Forum - GMO Open Forum * This is a Facebook forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gmoopenforum/ * This forum uses our standard rules of etiquette: ListServeEtiquette ...
- Eyes Open Campaign - Please help us recruit "EYES OPEN" participants by sharing the following graphics (click image for full size, then download): Eyes Open #1 Election Office Oversight ...
- Snap Shot - SnapShot See SnapshotProtocol
- Election Integrity FAQS - ElectionIntegrityFAQS This is a working topic which will be updated and reorganized based on questions that are received and answers composed. Hopefully, this will ...
- Election Integrity - This project is working to improve the integrity of our elections, one of the most critical areas in a democracy. It now seems certain that the last two elections ...
- Donate To Citizens Oversight - * Thanks for your support! (Return to main page) DonateToCitizensOversight We are a 501c3, tax exempt organization. You can deduct any contributions you make from ...
- Project Topic Header - ProjectTopicHeader Include this topic at the start of each project to provide social media buttons. Direct link to this page: var hupso_services_t=new Array( ...
- CopsWiki - Latest News New tutorials added. Background This project exists to provide a place for tutorials and information about the copswiki.org colloboration platform. Copswiki ...
- John Brakey -
See COPs Program
for a list of all projects and an overview of our project concept.
- Common Calendar- Month-at-a-glance format for all events relevant to East County
- List Serve - Sign up for our email lists
- NewsMedia - submitted media in all categories, and anyone who submits them.
References and Resources
- Nine Eleven - A starting place for investigating the truth and missing pieces behind the events of 9/11
- Relevant Links - Links to other web sites that are important resources or cooperative organizations.
- Meeting Places - Venues where meetings are sometimes held, directions, maps.
- All Contacts - People and groups that have been defined.
- Basic Instructions - When you first start using this wiki to report on a strange event, I will refer you to this topic to get you started!
- Wiki Usage Tips - Some secrets about using this wiki
- How To Upload Using FTP - If you have large files to upload (videos, presentations), these instructions will walk you through it!
Common Web Utilities